Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Use Your Treo for Case Investigation

I recently broke down and purchased a Palm Treo 650 Smartphone. I didn't think it would be that handy, but hey, I wanted one. Well, as it turns out, it's very handy. Why? Because I used it to take pictures of the scene of a slip and fall recently. And I didn't have to worry about bringing a camera with me (but I almost always have my phone with me).

Curiosity made me stop by the scene (it was on my way home), but since I had my Treo with me it was so easy to get the pictures. Now I have these pictures I can look at on my laptop (transferred from my Treo) when I'm discussing the case with the potential new client., etc., etc.

I know this seems so obvious, but it's almost like that milk carton sitting in the front of the fridge -- right in front of you! -- but you don't see it. I'm willing to bet that there are others out there who haven't thought of this yet either. Anyway, I thought this was a good use of a Treo, and I thought I would share.

No comments: