Search This Blog

Monday, July 04, 2016

Happy Independence Day!

I almost talked myself out of posting this video clip (why, I don't know), but then I thought better of it; here it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DSKOx8DKPIg.

I love this video!  I have since I first came across it years ago.

And, as John Adams wrote:
[I] am apt to believe that [Independence Day] will be celebrated by succeeding generations as the great anniversary festival. It ought to be commemorated as the day of deliverance by solemn acts of devotion to God Almighty; it ought to be solemnized with pomp and parade, with shows, games, sports, guns, bells, bonfires and illuminations from one end of this continent to the other, from this time forward forever more....

Celebrate the liberty we enjoy this day; and teach your kids why we do so, too. 

My two cents' worth.

No comments: