Search This Blog

Saturday, June 17, 2006

The Tennessee Trial Lawyers Annual Convention, Etc.

I haven't posted anything in a while, and I apologize. Things have been hectic. I spent most of this past week in Memphis at The Peabody Hotel for the Tennessee Trial Lawyers Annual Convention -- and it was great! This convention was one of the best I have ever been to -- bar none. The speakers were very accomplished trial lawyers from all over the country. Gary Gober (who organized it) and the TTLA staff (who kept it going) did an excellent job.

To change gears a bit, rarely does someone ever write or say something that is almost the exact thing you were thinking, but, this time I am going to ask you to read today's post (June 17, 2006) on John Day's blog (available at: http://www.dayontorts.com/). He hit the nail right on the head. I couldn't agree more with what he has to say. Some of the people John names are trial lawyers who are my friends, mentors, and are people who care tremendously about what they do. They have given of their time and money for decades -- to help us all.

If you are an attorney in Tennessee who does any trial work at all (e.g., domestic relations, criminal defense, and yes, personal injury), you should be a member of TTLA -- an active, money-giving member!

No comments: